Connect with us

News

Arrow’s Felicity Smoak To Appear In Flash Episode 4 “Going Rogue”

Emily Bett Rickards will be guest starring on The Flash.

Published

on

The ScientistA fan favorite character with a tie to Grant Gustin’s Barry Allen will be appearing in the fourth episode of The Flash.

Not only will that episode welcome Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold; it will also feature a guest appearance by Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, her character from Arrow.

“Barry had a big impact on those characters when he came on, and then subsequently, there was some discussion about what had happened to him, and then bringing Carlos [Valdes] and Danielle [Panabaker] onto Arrow… it would have been wrong to not deal with a lot of those emotions, especially since I think that as much as there are ‘Olicity’ fans, there were ‘Baricity’ fans, so we really wanted to address that,” Andrew Kreisberg told us today in a one-on-one interview at the press tour.

Kreisberg promises us it’s not a gimmick. “It’s an episode where Barry’s beginning to question his teammates, and Felicity coming along is not just to reconnect with him; it actually serves a grander purpose, which is that Felicity is somebody who knows how difficult it is to have teammates who are fighting crime. So, she’s there to offer some sage advice, both to Barry and to to Caitlin, Cisco, and Wells. So we’re really excited,” he says.

The title of the episode is “Going Rogue” and we are assuming it will air October 28 on The CW.

Continue Reading
14 Comments

14 Comments

1. Wally

July 18, 2014 at 5:48 pm

WOOOHOOO WE NEED MORE COMMENTS ON THIS SITE!!!

2. Trish

July 18, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Could this be true? They’re showing my beloved Felicity Smoak with…FRIENDS?!?! Yes!!!! A thousand times, yes! Non-Oliver related FRIENDS! I am a happy happy fan. I can’t wait to watch.

3. AJ

July 18, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Looking forward to see how they deal with the Barry/Felicity dynamic.

4. Tanya

July 18, 2014 at 7:15 pm

yes, more Emily Bett Rickards is always welcome.

5. Desert Dweller

July 18, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Great article! Thank you so much for the information regarding Emily being on the Flash for episode 1×04. So exciting! I LOVE this character and Emily Bett is so talented. Looking forward to seeing this 🙂

6. Stone

July 18, 2014 at 8:10 pm

“I think that as much as there are ‘Olicity’ fans, there were ‘Baricity’ fans, so we really wanted to address that”

Haha, doubt that, considering 95% of Arrow’s fanbase is Olicity pro.

7. Hipkarma

July 18, 2014 at 10:26 pm

I’m excited to see this united DCTV universe come to life. I’m particularly pleased that Felicity will bring a strong connection between both shows and look forward to her continuing existing relationships with Barry, Cisco and Caitlin as well as possbily developing relationships with Iris and others.

8. Laura

July 18, 2014 at 10:27 pm

So happy Felicity’s coming on Flash for an episode, she’s my favourite from Arrow. Glad they’re not pursuing anything romantic between her and Barry. Both have enough love interests on their own.

9. aunni

July 18, 2014 at 11:06 pm

woow…
    this how an important character like Felicity sd make guest appearence.

10. Emmy Kent

July 19, 2014 at 5:48 am

I for one am really excited that Felicity will be on Flash. There’s no one better to give some advice on how to deal with stubborn superheroes than her. On Arrow, one of the main reasons Oliver Queen is the hero he is today is Felicity Smoak. Her faith and belief in him is something that Oliver values above all else. Then there’s the fact that she never takes Oliver’s BS. So, she can definitely give some pointers to Caitlin, Cisco & Wells on how to reign in cocky, stubborn superheroes.
    I’m thinking Barry’s gonna be acting more crazier and taking more risks than Oliver. Ya know, since he’d probably think he is invulnerable. That means ‘Team Flash’ will need lots of advice from somebody who has more than enough experience in that department. Somebody like Felicity Smoak. This is so exciting. I can’t wait to see Felicity interacting with Caitlin & Cisco. Loved it when they popped up in Arrow. This Fall’s gonna be one crazy season filled with all my favorite heroes. YAY!!

11. Eobard Thawne

July 19, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I’m really optimistic about this show after seeing the leaked pilot. It looks like they’re setting up all the most iconic flash villains which could eventually lead to a rogues rebellion type story?

12. Halberdier17

July 20, 2014 at 10:36 am

I can’t wait to see Captain Cold. I also want to see Felicity teach Team S.T.A.R. Labs how to work as a group with a team that fights crime.

I also can’t wait for the two hour crossover during the 8th episodes of the season. That is one episode before the Mid-Season finale.

13. Desert Dweller

July 21, 2014 at 7:51 am

Weird, I thought I posted a comment here! I am very excited that Emily Bett will be crossing over to the Flash! She is the absolute best thing to happen to Arrow. And as much I loved the premise of the show, Felicity and Diggle make this show happen and without them I would probably not stick around. Thanks for the article and wonderful news!

Do you know if Felicity will be crossing over for episode 8 as well?

14. Metrok

July 22, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Cool news I guess, but I hope she wont be taking too much screen-time and focus from the regular characters of The Flash. Barry, Cisco, Iris, Caitlin, Dr Wells, already love them, want to see them getting more developed

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Flash Finale Exclusive Clip: What Does August Heart Want?

Exclusive preview clip for the Flash season finale “The Heart of the Matter, Part 2” featuring Grant Gustin and Karan Oberoi

Published

on

FlashTVNews has an exclusive clip from tonight’s season finale of The Flash titled “The Heart of the Matter, Part 2.” The episode airs at 8PM ET/PT tonight (July 20) on The CW.

The clip features a confrontation between Barry Allen a.k.a. The Flash (Grant Gustin) and August Heart/Godspeed (Karan Oberoi), where Barry wants to know what August Heart is trying to plan.

You can see the clip below; a description and preview images for “The Heart of the Matter, Part 2” can also be found underneath the clip.

THE FLASH

Picture 1 of 23

The Flash -- "Heart of the Matter, Part 2" -- Image Number: FLA718a_0208r.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Jesse L. Martin as Captain Joe West and Danielle Nicolet as Cecile Horton -- Photo: Bettina Strauss/The CW -- © 2021 The CW Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved

SEASON FINALE — The Flash (Grant Gustin) enlists a host of speedster allies, including Iris (Candice Patton) and his children from the future–Bart (guest star Jordan Fisher) and Nora West-Allen (guest star Jessica Parker Kennedy) — to end the speedster war and defeat a deadly new adversary: the villainous Godspeed (guest star Karan Oberoi). Marcus Stokes directed the episode written by Eric Wallace & Kelly Wheeler (#718). Original airdate 7/20/2021

Continue Reading

Interviews

Interview: John Wesley Shipp Discusses Tonight’s Flash Finale

Interview with actor John Wesley Shipp about tonight’s Flash season finale “The Heart of the Matter, Part 2” and Jay Garrick’s role in it

Published

on

The Season 7 finale of The Flash airs tonight (July 20) at 8PM ET/PT on The CW, and “Heart of the Matter, Part 2” sees Team Flash not only going up against August Heart a.k.a. Godspeed, but it also features some matters of the heart as Barry and Iris renew their vows and new-from-the-future characters Bart and Nora do their best to protect their “Uncle Jay.”

“Uncle Jay” is, of course, Jay Garrick, the original Flash as played by John Wesley Shipp, whose adventure in red tights began over thirty years ago as star of the CBS Flash TV series. In modern times, Shipp — whose credits also include such series as Dawson’s Creek and Teen Wolf — has played multiple characters on the current Flash show, including Barry’s father Henry Allen, Jay Garrick of another Earth, and even his original Flash character from 1990! Now he’s on Earth-Prime for this big family reunion… and the speed force will need all they can assemble to stop Godspeed in the finale.

We had the opportunity to speak with John Wesley Shipp about this Flash finale and what we can expect. Here’s it is:

FLASHTVNEWS’ CRAIG BYRNE: Can you talk about the interactions that we have between Jay and Bart?

JOHN WESLEY SHIPP: It’s is a very interesting construct, as so often has happened on The CW Flash.

There’s a closeness that Nora and Bart feel toward Jay, so much, so that Bart comes back and puts his own life at risk to keep Jay from being killed, but it’s based on a lived history that Jay hasn’t experienced yet. He feels this intimacy, love, warmth, and energy coming off of this kid, which is great. Love it. Uncle Jay? All right. That’s great. I love it. But he doesn’t really get where it’s coming from, because he hasn’t lived the experiences that they have lived with him in the future.

The person who has to sell that, because we don’t see it happen, is Jordan Fisher [Bart], and in the last episode, when he is telling Nora “they killed Uncle Jay” and his whole reaction, which was so true… it broke my heart. I was like, “okay, it’s gonna work.”

There are some things that we do in the finale that unless you believe how heartfelt Bart’s connection to Jay is, it wouldn’t have worked. But he laid it in so beautifully, and I can’t wait for people to see what’s coming in the finale.

It also feels great to be so central to what’s going on in an episode. I’ve enjoyed my elder statesman status, where I get to come in and give some important information. I don’t have to break my back. The kids do the heavy lifting and it’s been great. But this time, I get to be at the crux of what’s happening in the story. and not only that, but I have my powers back, and I get to be a part of the solution. When Eric Wallace was talking to me about coming back for these last two episodes, those two things sold me on it.

Was it during that conversation with Eric Wallace that you first found out that Jay was still on Earth-Prime after the Crisis?

I learned that before. He told me that when the conversation where he was selling me on coming back and sacrificing myself as Flash-90. I was like “whaaat?” We had the conversation on what happens to Jay, and Eric was quoted saying fairly early on that Jay and Joan were on Earth-Prime, so it wasn’t a big surprise to me that they were brought on to Earth-Prime.

If you had a time machine to tell yourself 30 years ago that you would be on a Flash show again for eight years, how would you respond?

I wouldn’t have been able to go on. [Laughs] I wouldn’t have been able to continue.

I just remember that last shot with me and Mark Hamill, in southeast Los Angeles as we were fighting the sun coming up, trying to get the last shot in, sweating our you-know-whats off. Finally we get the last shot, and I rip off the wings and throw them in the air, and swear I’ll never get into another superhero suit as long as I lived, simply because it physically was so hard, and and also, because we didn’t have CGI. We did live action practical effects. We were always shooting until dawn. The suit was not particularly user-friendly, although it looked great.

So if I had known in 1991, that years later, be getting back into a new version of that suit, I might have changed careers.

Were you like “I’m going to go for a drive and drop my ice cream over this right now?”

That ice cream was looking mighty good. Exactly.

Can you talk about Barry & Iris’s vow renewals, and being there for that?

I love many things about what they’ve done this season. I love dividing it into graphic novels. We live in the age of Netflix. Nobody has the attention span to drag a 23 episode arc out; in this case, 18 because of COVID. You know, and so to break it in to what they’re calling graphic novels, and of course, going into the last episode of the last graphic novel, which we go through so many special effects, so much peril, so much emotional angst… and then at the end of it, we’re people. We’re out of our superhero suits. We’re at a renewal of a vow ceremony. It’s a life-affirming and love-affirming event at the end of the day. What a beautiful way to end this extraordinary season, which has been shot under extraordinary conditions.

Are you allowed to say anything about your appearance onStargirl, and is that Jay Garrick different from the one that we see on The Flash?

I can’t really say anything, because I don’t know what they want me to say, and what they don’t want me to say. But clearly, it’s been announced it’s Jay, and it has his connection to the JSA, and I will say in a terrific way – a way that it felt so satisfying doing it. I’m excited about people watching Stargirl. Starting August 10 on The CW!

DC Comics is coming out with Superman ’78 and Batman ’89 comics. Would you like to see The Flash ’90 at some point?

Oh, sure. Why not? That would be great fun.

We one that they did while we were on the air and the DC library and told me it was the only second live action cover that DC Comics ever did in their history. In that, there’s a comic that’s clearly me, and Amanda [Pays], and Alex [Desert]. In addition to that, there are interviews with the builder of the suit, and [Executive Producers] Danny Bilson and Paul DeMeo. But yeah, sure, why not? It would be a trip.

Is there any more hype you’d like to share for Tuesday about just why people should tune in?

They’re throwing everything they have at this episode. The Flash does a good job of balancing heart and action. Action, adventure, big show, special effects, family drama, and interpersonal relationships.

When I read the script for the season finale, I was like, “man, they are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at this episode.” How thrilling and exciting, and how life and love affirming. People who have ever watched The Flash certainly want to want to tune in for this event.

The Flash season finale “The Heart of the Matter, Part 2” airs tonight (July 20) at 8PM ET/PT on The CW. Take a look at some newly-released photos from the season finale here!

Continue Reading

Images

Flash Season Finale Photos: Barry & Iris Renew Their Vows

Photos from The Flash Season 7 finale “Heart of the Matter, Part 2” featuring Barry and Iris renewing their wedding vows

Published

on

Barry and Iris are renewing their wedding vows in the July 20 season finale of The Flash — and this time, Oliver and Felicity won’t be around to steal their special moment!

There are a lot of fun guests on hand for the season finale wedding event, including Jay and Joan Garrick, Cisco Ramon, Bart and Nora… and who knows, maybe a few surprises as well.

You can see the gallery of photos from “Heart of the Matter, Part 2” below; an official description for the episode can be found underneath the slide show.

UPDATE: Today – on the day of the big finale – The CW has released more photos which have now been added to the gallery! These new pics include all of the Flash Family and … Jordan Fisher singing?!?!

THE FLASH